41. And those on the Left Hand – how (unfortunate) will be those on the Left Hand?
42. In fierce hot wind and boiling water,
43. And shadow of black smoke,
44. (That shadow) neither cool, nor (even) pleasant,
45. Verily, before that, they indulged in luxury,
47. And they used to say: “When we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be resurrected?
48. “And also our forefathers?”
49. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): “(Yes) verily, those of old, and those of later times.
50. “All will surely be gathered together for appointed Meeting of a known Day.
51. “Then moreover, verily you the erring-ones, the deniers (of Resurrection)!
52. “You verily will eat of the trees of Zaqqûm.
53. “Then you will fill your bellies therewith,
54. “And drink boiling water on top of it.
55. “And you will drink (that) like thirsty camels!”
56. That will be their entertainment on the Day of Recompense!
57. We created you: then why do you believe not?
58. Then tell Me (about) the (human) semen that you emit.
59. Is it you who create it (i.e. make this semen into a perfect human being), or are We the Creator?
60. We have decreed death to you all, and We are not outstripped,
61. To transfigure you and create you in (forms) that you know not.
62. And indeed, you have already known the first form of creation (i.e. the creation of Adam): why then do you not remember (or take heed)?
63. Then tell Me about the seed that you sow in the ground.
64. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower?
65. Were it Our Will, We could crumble it to dry pieces, and you would be regretful (or left in wonderment) [Tafsir Ibn Kathîr].
66. (Saying): “We are indeed Mughramûn (i.e. ruined or have lost the money without any profit, or are punished by the loss of all that we spend for cultivation)! (Tafsir Al-Qurtubî)
67. “Nay, but we are deprived!”